Bing Watch The Walking Dead
If you’re looking for an antidote to life’s stresses and boredom, why not binge watch an entire TV series over the course of a weekend? We’re not here to judge. Watching TV is our favorite way to let loose. Sure, we could do yoga, but we’re not really built for some of those poses. All we need is a bag of chips in one hand, and the remote control in the other and we’ll be on our way to a state blissed-out, television nirvana.
The Walking Dead is one of our favorite shows to binge watch, and we’re not alone. The Season 5 premier gathered an astounding 17.3 million viewers from all over the world. That record breaking number is no match for shows like “NCIS” or even “The Big Bang Theory”.
Why it’s Great TV
What’s Walking Dead’s secret to popularity? It can’t be just the zombies, right? Here’s what we love about this hit TV series.
- A work in progress. The Walking Dead evolves, and that’s what makes it more interesting than your average TV drama. Viewers are glued to their screens. TWD writers have been experimenting with story-lines, surprising thrills and intense drama to the show. Fans of the comic series may have had some issues with the first few seasons creative direction, but no can argue that the show is brimming with shocks and twists.
- It is more than just zombies. Metaphorically, zombies could be anything that steals away our humanity. It can be politics, religious fanaticism, or it can be terrorism– anything that befits your parameters. TWD will have you wondering if Zombies are really the scariest thing in the show.
- The Amazing Cast. Each character has a convincing background story, with enough mystery that you just can’t wait to see them in the next episode. There’s Carol, the typical timid wife who later turned into an indomitable woman who fearlessly took cover amongst a pack of zombies just to save her friends. And there’s always the very real possibility that one of your favorite characters won’t make it to the end of the episode, let alone the season. There’s a lot we like about this TV show, but we especially like its unpredictability.
- It’s fast, riveting and loose. These dynamics certainly make for a great binge watching experience. Maybe it helps that it was based on a comics which already has a strong fanbase to start with. But just because it is based on a popular source material doesn’t mean its ending is already predictable. The plot diverged from the comics almost immediately. The Walking Dead certainly keeps you stimulated, both in the nerves and in the mind.
- Zombies in your neighborhood. Of course zombies are fictional, but the show has a way of making the viewers believe that this is a universe, very much like our own; zombies could actually exist, at the very least, the show runners have made a pretty compelling case for what might occur in a zombie apocalypse. Unlike the Game of Thrones’ highly mythical concept of dragons, white-walkers and three-eyed raven this show seems to reflect more real human nature.
We think you should binge watch The Walking Dead. It might send shivers through your spine, but it’s charged with emotion and mystery. We’re sure you’ll be pining for the next episode by the firsts finish. So queue up The Walking Dead and get ready for a thrilling TV experience, you might just want to leave the lights on.
Check out TV listings for new episodes of The Walking Dead airing on AMC